The protection of pupils, students, staff, and visitors is paramount. Access and Security across a school’s site can cause stress and create issues that need to be rectified. We often find buildings were constructed before security become such an integral part of school management.
It is important to find the balance between security and safety, especially in the event of a fire, systems should not hamper evacuation in any way. We have experience in helping schools and colleges with their Security, Fire, and Electrical Systems to best protect their pupils, students, staff, premises, and equipment.
With over 30 years of experience in the industry, we have put together a list of top security tips for schools and colleges.
- Check If your school/college CCTV, Access Control, Gates, Intercoms, etc meet the current standards.
- Focus on securing the perimeter of your premises, walk the site boundaries and identify spots of weakness where unwanted intruders could enter. By cutting off these weaknesses you can enable free flow within the site with the peace of mind that the site is secure.
- Ensure any access measures such as electronic gates, locked doors, and intercoms are linked to your fire detection system. In some cases, you can integrate CCTV, Access Control, Gates, and Intercom systems into your fire system. In case of a fire, you want to enable a smooth evacuation of the site and ease of access to the premises for the fire emergency services.
- Consider access control passes and locks for vulnerable rooms such as IT Suites, Chemical Cupboards, and Plant rooms. This could prevent thefts and intruders from penetrating the building’s supply.
- CCTV is one of the best deterrents to prevent intruders and anti-social behavior. The presence of CCTV can make students and intruders think twice, systems can be monitored using viewing stations, mobile apps, and web browsers. CCTV has come on leaps and bounds in recent years and systems even 10 years old have been left behind in terms of the software and features current systems pose.
- Appoint contractors who are experienced, accredited, and professional. We have installed a range of systems for schools including CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Access Control, Door Entry systems, and automatic barriers. We will provide you with a full specification of the system, a site plan, and a detailed explanation of the process we take to complete the job. With us, you can be assured that your best interests are shared with our intentions.
- Maintain your systems correctly and regularly, don’t wait to find out your system wasn’t working AFTER the event.
If you would like to discuss your site’s security, contact Lewis Higgs at MMV Contracting Ltd for a FREE Site Survey. Tel 0845 0268530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org