MMV Contracting Limited are accredited to NAPIT for full scope electrical works. Why should you choose a company that is a member of the NAPIT scheme?
It is important that you get work done by competent people working for businesses who are committed to quality, safety and customer care. NAPIT certificated scheme members have demonstrated their competence, they hold the necessary insurances and have the right processes and procedures to assure compliance.
As NAPIT registered installers we are:
- Able to complete work safely and to legally required standards
- Regularly assessed to ensure our ongoing competence
- Capable of working to the very latest health and safety regulations
- Able to provide you with the necessary certificates to demonstrate the regulatory compliance of the work we complete.
Some of our services
- Periodic fixed electrical installation testing
- Portable appliance testing
- Repairs to lighting
- Installation of lighting
- Extending circuits
- Complete building rewires
- Upgrade of circuit boards
- External sockets
- Electric Vehicle charging points
- Electrical testing in readiness for sale
Regular and planned maintenance, test and inspection of your electrical installation and equipment is a key element of your responsibility for electrical safety in and around your property or business
How often should I get my electrical installation tested?
Electrical installations should be tested often enough that there is little chance of deterioration leading to danger. Any part of an installation that has become obviously defective between tests should be de-energised until the fault can be fixed.
It is recommended that periodic inspection and testing is carried out at the following times:
- for tenanted properties, every 5 years or at each change of occupancy, whichever is sooner
- at least every 10 years for an owner-occupied home
- at least every 5 years for a business
The Landlords and Tenant Act 1985 requires landlords of properties with short leases to keep the electrical wiring in repair and in proper working order. We recommend landlords arrange for periodic inspection and testing to be carried out by a registered electrician at the relevant intervals shown above.
Periodic inspection and testing of the electrics should be carried out more frequently on the places and premises listed here:
- 3 years for a caravan
- 1 year for a swimming pool